“You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden.” Matthew 5:14
Youth Leadership: Emily Toffenetti; Youth Elder: Daniel Wheeler;
Teen Leadership Team: Michael, Kensie, Noah, & Kade
There are lots of ways that your teenager can plug-in to DP’s 514 Youth! Check out our regular activities below:
- Instagram Sundays for MS: During the transition between worship and word, Middle School students meet briefly with their teachers in the cafe. They will then be sent back into the service to participate in the word and take diligent notes. Teachers will post 3~5 questions about sermon via Instagram (follow: @514dpyouth) for students to answer via Instagram inbox [Hint: Parents… Real Talk opportunity!)
- The Word for HS: If you’re in grades 9-12, join us on Tuesday evenings, 5:30-7:30pm, to jump into The Word, share life with each other, and live out loving Jesus in the world around us. Every couple of months, we change up our pubic meeting place. Contact the church office or Emily to find out more details.
- Wed Night Youth: A great time to fellowship with all of the teenagers in the Body (high school & middle school) through prayer & discussions, as well as hear from ministry leaders in the Body. We only meet during the Learning to Live/Connect series on Wednesday nights from 6:30pm-8:00pm
- 1st Friday Clubs: Beginning on April 1st, Club Night for just Middle School students. First Fridays, 7pm-8:30pm @ DP. Food, fellowship, games, genuine conversation, leadership practice, service opportunities… We party hard on 1st Fridays
*We can’t do this alone! If you’re interested in helping in 514 (DP) Youth, please contact the church office (email@example.com).
Follow us on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/12198626965/
The ministry focus of Reflect is to equip the youth of the New River Valley to live and walk in the fullness of the Lord through the Love of Christ and by the Grace of God.
- Strategically ordering teachings so that they build upon one another.
- Foster an atmosphere where the youth are and feel safe to practice walking out the things of God.
- Build relationships during group meetings and individual one on one times.
- Welcome the Presence of God at All times.
In each of our lives, one word often drives us: Image. It can cause us to spend hours in front of a mirror fixing every “flaw” we find in our hair or clothing. It can cause us to act one way with one group of people and completely different with another. It can cause us to hide who we truly are and only show a mask we want people to think is the true you. We fool ourselves into thinking that if we look a certain way or act a certain way we will be accepted by the people around us.
Here at Reflect we believe image is important, but not in the context of appearance or acceptance. Instead we see people as already having been given an image. The foundation of that image is that we as humans are made in the image of God.
Because we know this truth, we know that the true you is somebody special. We want to see you and welcome you as you are. And, our desire is that the Reflect Youth would learn the character of God so that in return they could see Him with an unveiled face, as whom He really is and reflect every aspect of His true nature.
We look forward to seeing you on Sunday night!